Usted está aquí
Información del evento
1. The fourth meeting of the Caribbean Development Roundtable will be held at the Saint Kitts Marriott Resort and the Royal Beach Casino, Frigate Bay, Saint Kitts, Tel: (869) 466-1200, Fax: (869) 466-1201. The meeting will take place in the Royal Ballroom on Thursday 21 April 2016 from 0830 hours to 1730 hours.
2. The twenty-sixth session of the Caribbean Development and Cooperation Committee will be held at the Saint Kitts Marriott Resort and the Royal Beach Casino, Frigate Bay, Saint Kitts, Tel: (869) 466-1200, Fax: (869) 466-1201. The meeting will take place in the Royal Ballroom on Friday 22 April 2016 from 0900 hours to 1800 hours.
II. Registration and identification badges
3. Participants attending the meetings must complete and submit the online registration form available by clicking on the link below:
4. Participants are also required to submit a digital passport size photograph in order to complete their registration. This information must be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Please note that registering through the online system does not exempt delegations from the requirement to provide official notification of the name of the head of delegation and all accompanying representatives.
5. Participants will be issued identification badges, which for security purposes, must be shown at all meetings. Participants are advised that only those holding valid meeting badges will have access to the meeting rooms.
6. Participants can collect their badges in the foyer area of the Royal Ballroom on Wednesday 20 April 2016 from 5.30 p.m. to 7 p.m. and on Thursday 21 April 2016 from 8 a.m. Participants only attending the twenty-sixth session of the Caribbean Development and Cooperation Committee can collect their badges on Friday 22 April 2016 from 8 a.m. For any questions on the registration of participants, please contact Aurélie Quiatol, tel: (868) 224-8071; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
III. Meeting documents
7. Documentation will be made available electronically prior to the meetings. Participants are requested to bring with them copies of the documents distributed by the ECLAC secretariat prior to the meetings. These meetings will be paper-smart; all official documents and statements will be available for viewing and downloading from the following websites:
- Fourth meeting of the Caribbean Development Roundtable: http://www.cepal.org/en/events/fourth-meeting-caribbean-development-roundtable
- Twenty-sixth session of the Caribbean Development and Cooperation Committee: http://www.cepal.org/en/events/twenty-sixth-session-caribbean-development-and-cooperation-committee
We urge participants to bring their laptops, tablets and/or other mobile devices, since there will be a limited amount of printed documents available.
8. Documents for circulation or distribution should be handed to ECLAC secretariat staff. In accordance with the United Nations regulations for the control and limitation of documentation, the secretariat will undertake to circulate to all participants any documents provided electronically. The secretariat however cannot undertake to process or reproduce documents submitted by individual participants in hard copy.
9. The working language of the fourth meeting of the Caribbean Development Roundtable is English. The working documents of the meeting will be made available in English only. There will be no interpretation.
10. The working language of the twenty-sixth session of the Caribbean Development and Cooperation Committee is English. The main documents of the meeting will be made available in English, French and Spanish. Interpretation in English, French and Spanish will be provided.
V. Internet access
11. The conference room as well as the delegates’ lounge has wireless Internet access (Wi-Fi). The password for the Wi-Fi will be given to participants upon their arrival in the conference room.
VI. Hotel accommodation
12. ECLAC has blocked a number of rooms at the following preferential rates (inclusive of breakfast, tax and service charges) at the Saint Kitts Marriott Resort and the Royal Beach Casino:
- Single: US$ 203.00
- Double: US$ 226.00
- Triple: US$ 249.00
We encourage participants to take advantage of this offer and to make their reservation at this hotel no later than 8 April 2016. After that date, the hotel reserves the right to modify this preferential rate and cannot guarantee room availability. Please complete the online hotel booking form to make your reservation: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=14825999. For assistance, please contact the reservations desk at the Saint Kitts Marriott Resort and the Royal Beach Casino, Tel: (869) 466-1200. A 1 night deposit will be required to secure the reservations and will be forfeited in the event of any cancellation within 7 days of arrival or in the event of an unscheduled early departure. Please note that a credit card number is required to secure your booking, as the hotel will not hold any reservation without a guarantee.
VII. Immigration requirements
13. All visitors to Saint Kitts and Nevis must have a valid passport, return ticket to country of embarkation and intended address. For details on visa requirements for Saint Kitts and Nevis, participants are advised to visit the website: http://www.foreign.govt.kn/travel/countries-that-need-visas-to-travel-to-st-kitts-and-nevis/
14. It is the responsibility of the participants to ensure that they have all the vaccinations required to travel to Saint Kitts and Nevis.
15. In case of accident or sickness during the meeting, please notify one of the members of the ECLAC secretariat immediately. It is the participants’ responsibility to take out, at their own expense, or at the expense of their nominating organization, any personal insurance policy they may deem necessary for these meetings.
IX. Arrival at the airport
16. The Government of Saint Kitts and Nevis will have officials at the Robert Llewellyn Bradshaw International Airport to meet and assist official delegations as they arrive.
X. Local transport
17. The Government of Saint Kitts and Nevis will provide transportation for Ministers from the Robert Llewellyn Bradshaw International Airport to the hotel and back.
18. Participants will be responsible for their own transport between the Robert Llewellyn Bradshaw International Airport and the hotel. Participants are advised to use official taxi services. The cost of a taxi from the airport to the Saint Kitts Marriott Resort and the Royal Beach Casino is US$ 16 (1-4 persons), one way.
19. The United Nations will not assume responsibility for such expenditures as:
(a) Travel insurance, accident insurance, medical, dental bills or hospitalization fees in connection with their attendance at the meeting;
(b) Compensation in the event of death or disability of participants in connection with their attendance to the meeting;
(c) Any loss or damage to personal property of participants while attending the meeting or losses or damages claimed by third parties as a result of negligence on the part of the participants;
(d) Any other expenses of a personal nature, not directly related to the purpose of the meeting.
XII. Coordination of the meetings
20. The meetings are being organized by the United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean subregional headquarters for the Caribbean and the Government of Saint Kitts and Nevis.
21. For additional information on the fourth meeting of the Caribbean Development Roundtable, please contact Dillon Alleyne, Deputy Chief , Tel: (868) 224-8073, e-mail: email@example.com or Lindy-Ann Edwards-Alleyne, Staff Assistant, Economic Development Unit, Tel: (868) 224-8077, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
22. For additional information on the twenty-sixth session of the Caribbean Development and Cooperation Committee, please contact Sita Inglefield, Personal Assistant to the Director, Tel: (868) 224-8062, e-mail: email@example.com or Aurélie Quiatol, Meeting Services Assistant, Tel: (868) 224-8071, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
23. For information on logistics for all meetings, please contact Aurélie Quiatol, Tel: (868) 224-8071, e-mail: email@example.com.
XIII. General information on Saint Kitts and Nevis
24. The weather in Saint Kitts and Nevis is generally warm and sunny all year round with an average daytime high of 79°F (26°C). The dry season runs from December to April and the rainy season is from May to November.
25. Electricity in Saint Kitts and Nevis is 230 volts alternating at 60 cycles per second.
26. The island’s water supply is of good quality.
27. The currency is the Eastern Caribbean dollar (XCD). The United Nations operational rate of exchange is US$ 1 = XCD 2.7 as at 1 March 2016. United States dollars, credit cards and travellers’ cheques are widely accepted.